About This Course
The industry is changing. Fast. New PTs are required to have far more applicable skills than ever before and the PFCA is raising the standard of PTs entering the industry. And the Level 3 Course will allow you to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
Discover what makes a great coach, how to make a positive impact on your clients and how to motivate them to reach their goals. Enrich your understanding of exercise, mobility and movement, develop your business and learn how to create bespoke programmes that push all the right buttons.
Functional Anatomy for Training & Performance
This unit explores the structure and function of the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems into responses to physiological stimulus.
Programming for Fitness Testing & Training
The aim of this unit is for learners to be able to plan fitness-training sessions and design fitness-training programmes including health screening and health-monitoring tests.
Programming for Health, Performance & Fitness
Aim and purpose: Demonstrate good commercial practice when training clients in a one-to-one setting. Know how to effectively communicate, manage training needs and programme and track progress.
Principles of Performance Conditioning & Kinesiology Assessment for Sport
The aim of this unit is to provide a broad understanding of the concepts and principles of performance-conditioning methods supported with kinesiology assessment for sport.
Nutrition for Performance, Health & Fitness
The aim of this unit is to provide a broad understanding of the importance of nutrition and hydration to a variety of sports participants
Designed to empower new coaches with the relevant skills to coach with confidence, we’re leading the way with our ground-breaking, industry-leading syllabus.
The PFCA Level 3 course has been carefully designed as a unique development pathway, which empowers new trainers with the skills required to meet their clients where they are at.
You’ll learn how to accurately assess human movement and design high-level, client-centric programmes, going far beyond the minimum PT learning requirements.
There has never been a better time to focus on a career that will allow you to gain fulfilment from helping others.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how to develop your career and how to set up as a self-employed personal trainer. Including inside tips on managing a personal training business, marketing strategies and how to continually promote success.
- Learn about the legal and professional aspects of personal training.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of functional anatomy and its application to personal training.
- Learn how to structure, plan and deliver exercise sessions for one-to-one and group training.
- Design programmes to meet a variety of potential client needs in dynamic settings.
- Learn how to design and structure sessions and programmes to specifically target and meet individual client needs and requirements.
- Gain a thorough grounding in nutrition particularly as it applies to exercise, elite performance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn how lifestyle and medical conditions affect a client’s health and wellbeing.
- Learn how to communicate well with clients and conduct consultations in order to encourage them to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
How You’ll Be Assessed
The course is delivered every second Sunday over 10 weeks by your team of tutors. Each session lasts for up to 7 hours. The sessions will consist of practical teaching, assessments and ongoing booklet completion. Alongside the practical learning days, there is also booklet sessions spread over the duration of the course.
In addition you will be required to do homework each week: the number of hours homework will depend on your experience and previous qualifications but the course is designed to provide for those with NO experience or previous qualifications.
All course materials are provided. There will also be suggested links to further resources that will provide for a greater depth of understanding and bonus insights into your new profession.
Fluent in written and spoken English is necessary. Must be over the age of 16. No further qualifications necessary.
"What do I get?"
You will gain a complete Level 3 Certification fully recognised by the international validating body Thinktree Hub necessary to be allowed to practise as a Personal Trainer. You will also have guaranteed access to insurance by Holistic Insurance UK to cover your practice.