LEARN FROM THE BEST. STAND OUT FROM THE REST
One third theory, two thirds practical application, our syllabus includes everything you need to hit the ground running. And with an innovative interactive e-Learning platform and regular online sessions you can learn at your own pace. On the gym-floor. At home. Or on the move.
Learn practical techniques from industry-leading coaches. Hone your skills from the comfort of home. Perfect your client-facing skills. And discover what it takes to become a successful personal trainer.
The industry is changing. Fast. New PTs are required to have far more applicable skills than ever before. To meet the challenge, PFCA is raising the standard of PTs entering the industry. Our combined L2 & L3 PT Diploma enables you to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
Discover what makes a great coach, how to make a positive impact on your clients and how to motivate them to reach their goals. Enrich your understanding of exercise, mobility and movement, develop your business and learn how to create bespoke programmes that push all the right buttons.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how to develop your career and how to set up as a self-employed personal trainer, including inside tips on managing a personal training business, marketing strategies and how to continually promote success.
- Learn about the legal and professional aspects of personal training.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of functional anatomy and its application to personal training.
- Learn how to structure, plan and deliver exercise sessions for one-to-one and group training.
- Design programmes to meet a variety of potential client needs in dynamic settings.
- Learn how to design and structure sessions and programmes to specifically target and meet individual client needs and requirements.
- Gain a thorough grounding in nutrition particularly as it applies to exercise, elite performance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn how lifestyle and medical conditions affect a client’s health and wellbeing.
- Learn how to communicate well with clients and conduct consultations in order to encourage them to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
What You Need To Start
This course is designed to introduce you to the world of professional coaching and provide a strong foundation for a future career in fitness. While you don’t need specific qualifications to apply, you must be over 16 and have a good grasp of English.
The course is delivered every second Sunday over 10 weeks by a team of industry-leading tutors. Each session lasts for up to 7 hours.
These sessions include practical teaching, assessments and working through our e-learning platform. Alongside practical learning days, there will also be booklet sessions spread over the duration of the course.
As part of your course, you will be required to do homework each week: the number of hours homework will depend on your experience and previous qualifications. However, the course is also designed for those with NO experience or previous qualifications.
All course materials are provided. We will also forward links to resources that give you a deeper understanding of your new profession.
Available start dates include:
July 24th, August 7th, August 21st, September 4th, September 18th
Post-grad seminar with face-to-face training October 23rd
On finishing the course, you will gain a complete Level 3 Certification fully recognised by Transcend Awards. An industry-leading awarding organisation.
This is essential if you wish to pursue a career as a Personal Trainer. You will also receive guaranteed access to professional insurance to cover your practice.
In addition, the course is CIMSPA recognised and the PFCA is a CIMSPA accredited training centre.
Functional Anatomy for Training and Performance
The more you understand the body and how it works, the better This module explores the structure and function of the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems in responses to physiological stimuli.
Programming for Fitness Testing and Training
Knowing how to confidently create bespoke programmes for your clients is essential. This module shows you how to plan fitness-training sessions and design fitness-training programmes, including health screening and health-monitoring tests.
Programming for Health, Performance and Fitness
Being a charismatic communicator is key when training clients in a one-to-one setting. In module 3, we’ll reveal how to effectively communicate, manage training needs and programme and track client progress.
Principles of Performance Conditioning and Kinesiology Assessment for Sport
To take your knowledge to the next level, we’ll equip you with you a better understanding of the concepts and principles of performance-conditioning methods supported by kinesiology assessments.
Nutrition for Performance, Health and Fitness
Nutrition and performance go hand in hand. In the final unit, we’ll give you a broad understanding of the importance of nutrition and hydration to a variety of sports clients.