About This Course
The industry is changing. Fast. New PTs are required to have far more applicable skills than ever before and the PFCA is raising the standard of PTs entering the industry. And the Level 3 Course will allow you to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
Discover what makes a great coach, how to make a positive impact on your clients and how to motivate them to reach their goals. Enrich your understanding of exercise, mobility and movement, develop your business and learn how to create bespoke programmes that push all the right buttons.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how to develop your career and how to set up as a self-employed personal trainer. Including inside tips on managing a personal training business, marketing strategies and how to continually promote success.
- Learn about the legal and professional aspects of personal training.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of functional anatomy and its application to personal training.
- Learn how to structure, plan and deliver exercise sessions for one-to-one and group training.
- Design programmes to meet a variety of potential client needs in dynamic settings.
- Learn how to design and structure sessions and programmes to specifically target and meet individual client needs and requirements.
- Gain a thorough grounding in nutrition particularly as it applies to exercise, elite performance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn how lifestyle and medical conditions affect a client’s health and wellbeing.
- Learn how to communicate well with clients and conduct consultations in order to encourage them to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
How You’ll Be Assessed
The course is delivered every second Sunday over 10 weeks by your team of tutors. Each session lasts for up to 7 hours. The sessions will consist of practical teaching, assessments and ongoing booklet completion. Alongside the practical learning days, there is also booklet sessions spread over the duration of the course.
In addition you will be required to do homework each week: the number of hours homework will depend on your experience and previous qualifications but the course is designed to provide for those with NO experience or previous qualifications.
All course materials are provided. There will also be suggested links to further resources that will provide for a greater depth of understanding and bonus insights into your new profession.
Fluent in written and spoken English is necessary. Must be over the age of 16. No further qualifications necessary.
"What do I get?"
You will gain a complete Level 3 Certification fully recognised by the international validating body Thinktree Hub necessary to be allowed to practise as a Personal Trainer. You will also have guaranteed access to insurance by Holistic Insurance UK to cover your practice.